Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Crustless Pumpkin pie recipe!! :)
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
This is an excellent recipe for a crustless pumpkin pie that makes a great low carb holiday diabetic dessert!
3/4 Cup Splenda
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (may leave out if you don’t like spicy pumpkin pie)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Large Egg Whites
1 15 Ounce Can Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin pie mix, just pumpkin)
1 Cup Skim Milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a round 9 inch pie pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites well. Stir splenda mixture into the large bowl. Stir in the can of pumpkin. Then slowly stir in skim milk.
4. Stir until all ingredients are uniformly mixed.
5. Pour into prepared pie pan and bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake pie an additional 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
7. Remove pie from oven and cool.
8. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving contains:
0.2g Fat (0.1g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat)